Monday, July 28, 2014

I praise God.

"Praise the Lord.  Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.  Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. ... Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.  Praise the Lord."  -Psalm 150:1-2, 6

I am 3 days away from leaving for Niger, West Africa.  By the grace of God, things have been falling into place just this past week!  Here are a few things by which God has enjoyed blessing me:

1.  On Wednesday, July 23rd, I received my Visa in the mail!  I can now enter and live in the country of Niger!
2.  On Friday, July 25th, I purchased my one-way ticket to Niamey, Niger.  I leave Thursday night, have a layover in Paris, and arrive to Niamey on Friday, August 1st in the afternoon.
3.  This past weekend, I enjoyed a lovely day at the Pittsburgh Zoo with some incredibly generous friends!  I was also blessed by the presence (and surprise!) of supportive friends traveling far distances just to see me before I leave!   (Shout out to any Grovers reading this!)
4.  I was in need of a camera (which I don't think anyone but God knew), and a very good friend gifted me with one!
5.  On Sunday, July 26th, I was commissioned as a missionary in the church I grew up in and was able to celebrate with family after the service.
6.  On Monday, July 27th, with the help of my awesome dad, I finished packing!

God is so good and I am tickled by the thought that He delights in blessing me.

So I join in with all Creation and sing praises to God, because of the evidence of His Hand in my life.  Because of His faithfulness to me even when I am faithless.  Because He is a God of restoration.  Because He paints me breathtaking sunsets in the evening.  Because He takes joy in refining me through struggle and hard lessons.  Because He allows me to enjoy community with my brothers and sisters in Christ.  Because I am His and He is mine.  I praise God, not only because of everything that He does, but also because of who He is and the very fact that, as His Creation, we are commanded to "Praise the Lord" (Psalm 150).

I praise God because my heart is alive when I do.


"Praise the Lord.  Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.  Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. ... Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.  Praise the Lord."  -Psalm 150:1-2, 6


1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord!! He has done amazing things to get you to Niger! I am praying with you and for you as you say goodbyes and transition to your new home. Continue to remember that He is on your side and will never leave you even in those moments that you want to give up!! LOVE YOU sister!!

    ReplyDelete