Wednesday, May 21, 2014

No Reserve.

It's hard to imagine that four years can go by so quickly.  And yet, here I am:  an educated graduate and alumnus, ready to face the "real" world with all of it's responsibilities and challenges.  Or am I?

In a lot of ways, Grove City has prepared me well for the future.  And in a lot of other ways, it doesn't matter how much education I have received, because I will never be "ready."  In about two months, I am leaving for Niger, West Africa.  I don't think I ever imagined myself in this spot exactly.  If you ask a child what she wants to be when she grows up, rarely do you hear "I want to be a missionary in a third world country."  I wanted to be a dancer, singer, and writer.  Therefore, I was no exception.

And yet, the Lord has been growing my heart for Africa, missions, and TCKs (Third Culture Kids).  (It's funny how the Lord uses experiences and circumstances to direct our attention to Him and His plan).

Less than a week ago, at Grove City's Baccalaureate service before graduation, Dr. Moore spoke about having

No reserve.
No retreat.
No regret.

That is my prayer and hope as I leave for Niger.  The Bible says that our lives are like grass (Psalm 103:15-16).  My tomorrow, my life is no guarantee.  Each day is a gift and I want to live it out to the fullest.

"The glory of God is man fully alive."  -St. Irenaeus

May I - may we - live each day without reserve, retreat, or regret; to the glorious honor of Jesus.

I am humbled to have this opportunity to serve, teach, and experience God's world in a new way.

Please keep me in your prayers as I prepare to get everything (Visa, International Driving License, Health shots, Plane tickets, Support raising, etc.) in order before I leave!

Grace and Peace.

"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." -Proverbs 19:21




No comments:

Post a Comment