Friday, May 30, 2014

Two Years in Two Months

For those of you who have not yet read my support letter...please keep reading!  As of this Sunday, June 1st, I have TWO MONTHS to raise support for TWO YEARS.  In order to cover all of my expenses, I will need a little over $1,800/month.  Therefore, if 181 people commit to giving $10/month, I will be fully funded!  Please consider giving (see below for details).  Thanks so much to those of you who have already given!  I am SO grateful for your generosity.

Grace and Peace.

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."  -1 Peter 4:10


---
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. – 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

April 25, 2014
Dear Friends and Family,                                                                                                                                               
Sometimes the Lord’s grace allows our desires to coincide with others’ needs.  I once heard this referred to as finding your “sweet spot.”  It is with excitement and nervous anticipation that I let you know, the Lord has graciously allowed me to find my own “sweet spot” serving the needs of children in Niger, Africa. 

After graduation I plan to teach in the city of Niamey at a mission school called Sahel Academy.  I will serve there for two years, teaching a class of about 20 second graders, under a mission organization called TeachBeyond.  TeachBeyond’s mission and vision statements affirm, “As followers of Jesus we are an international organization providing transformational education to children and adults.”  I am pleased to be associated with such a group.

While I did not always know that I would end up in Niger, God has been working in my heart for quite some time.  Growing up in the home that I did, missions was practically a given.  I learned early on about the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) and was exposed to other cultures through various mission trips to Jamaica, Mexico, Honduras, and Senegal.  The Lord has blessed me with a desire to serve people in need, at home and abroad. 

More recently, about two summers ago, I spent six weeks with a very generous missionary family in Budapest, Hungary.  I wanted to learn about “the life of a missionary.”  I believe it was then that God opened my eyes to the needs of TCKs (third culture kids; or MKs, missionary kids).  As a student at Grove City College learning about Elementary and Special Education, it only seemed natural that I would find my “sweet spot” in a missionary school abroad.  This endeavor to Sahel Academy allows my passion for children, learning, traveling, and missions to, by the grace of God, meet the emotional, spiritual, and learning needs of missionary children in Niger. 

I am so excited for this God-given opportunity to serve.  I ask that, as part in the body of Christ, you join with me by supporting me in either one or two ways.  First and foremost, I need your PRAYER.  I am not sure that I have ever experienced a point in my life in which I CANNOT not trust God.  I am very aware of my dependency on Him and realize that apart from Him, I will not be able to pursue this mission.  (See the enclosed list for ways to pray).
In addition to your prayers, and in order to leave by August 1st, I will need to raise about $1,804 of monthly support (totaling $21,651 of annual support).  I also need about $5,000 for start-up costs (plane tickets, shipping items, purchasing household items, purchase of a car overseas, etc.).  Please prayerfully consider either a one-time donation or a monthly commitment of financial support.  Indicate your financial gift on the enclosed paper and send it to
TeachBeyond, PO Box 6248, Bloomingdale, IL, 60108-6248.  (All checks should be made out to TeachBeyond; they will be tax-deductible).

Thank you so much for your support!  I am humbled and blessed by this incredible opportunity to reach God’s people in Niger, Africa.  Please feel free to keep in touch by Facebook, email, or snail mail!  You can also read weekly updates on my blog at
http://hannahjoyinafrica.blogspot.com/.  
Be blessed as you continue to participate in the body of Christ,

Hannah J. Knox



Prayer Requests:
·         For peace and courage as I prepare for moving away from family and transition out of college life.
·         For the people of Niger; for the school, students and staff; for my second grade class of about 20 students; for the ladies with whom I will be rooming.
·         For safe travel to, from, and within Niamey; for favor with those with whom I come in contact.
·         For the adjustment to a new culture and people; that I might shine God’s love to those around me.
·         For hope in the midst of loneliness; for the Lord’s hand to sustain me; for spiritual nourishment and a good home church.



Contact information:
Email:  hknox@teachbeyond.org
Mailing Address:  B.P. 10065  Niamey, Niger West Africa
Shipping Address:  c/o SIM 9 rue de Tarka Niamey, Niger West Africa

---

Click on this link for more information about how to donate!  (https://give.teachbeyond.org)





No comments:

Post a Comment