Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Grateful

This past weekend, I fell quite sick.  Thankfully, I was back in the classroom today!  Here are just a few reasons that I am incredibly blessed, despite my illness.
1.  The amazing teachers and staff at Sahel graciously covered my class for two days while I recovered.  Thank you Bev and Marsha!
2.  The Friday before I got sick, I received a package from Grandma!  It was an adorable and super cuddly puppy!  I don't think I'll ever get too old for stuffed animals.  Thanks for sending your love, Grandma :)
3.  My roommates checked in on me and helped me find medication and stay hydrated.  One even gave me a malaria test (don't worry, it came back negative)!  Thanks, Rachy :)
4.  My neighbor visited me with updates from the day and how can you not start to feel better when she decides to come in wearing a green wig in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday?!  Thanks, Kathy :)
5.  My second graders wrote me "Get! Well! Miss! Knox!" cards.  They just warm my heart.





Last week I used an idea I found for measuring perimeter.  It worked out great!  We made "Perimeter Cones" by measuring the lengths on one side and adding them together for the perimeter on the other side!  The kids are getting great at measuring!  (Thank you Mrs. Lemons! http://stepintosecondgrade.blogspot.com/)


I also just have to share some of my students' creativity.  We made "Gallon Men" to learn about capacity and equivalents.  Of course, the boys turned theirs into boys and the girls made "Gallon Girls." :) The gallon people slowly turned into surfers, action figures, and even me!  Can you see the resemblance?! ;) Check out their artistic talent below!





No comments:

Post a Comment