Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Missionary Kids

Tonight I had the privilege and honor of sharing my heart and vision with a beautiful group of people over a delicious dinner and dessert.  I left encouraged, and my heart is full.  Thank you, Lord.  Some of what I shared had to do with MKs (Missionary Kids).

Two summers ago, I spent a couple months with a missionary family in Budapest, Hungary.  This beautiful family of 6 opened my eyes to the strengths and challenges that missionary kids face.  After observing and conversing with the parents and kids about the struggles and joys of raising a family and growing up abroad, God began to grow in my heart compassion for MKs.  I am thrilled to be able to serve, teach, and love these types of kids at Sahel Academy in Niger.

Watch this video to understand a bit more about TCKs (Third Culture Kids) and MKs (Missionary Kids).

No comments:

Post a Comment